Generating setups for cell lines and primary cells
Generating a new setup requires an initial measurement with a highly vital / highly viable cell solution and a dead-control prepared from such. It is best to use an exponentially growing culture as vital culture. Create a dead control, through the treatment of vital cells with CASY ® blue. To precisely determine the final cursor settings you will need a mixture of ca. 70% vital cells in CASY ® ton and ca. 30% of the dead-control in CASY®ton.
How to set up exactly a setup we show you a short video:
– should this occur problems, We help: Send us a message using the form on this page or email: email@example.com
Problem: “The dead control manufactured with CASYblue shows still a peak in the range of vital cells or there has been no clear left shift of the peak.”
- Check the CAYS®blue, it may have expired already.
- If you made up the dead-control with a volume ratio of 4:1 (CASY ® blue: cell suspension) and it did not work properly, please try again with a volume ratio of up to 9:1.
- If that does again not help, increase the incubation time to 5 minutes.
Problem: “The dead control manufactured with CASYblue shows a huge debris peak when measuring.”
- Put the lid on the CASY®cup and wait for about 5 minutes with occasionally and gently swirling of the cup containing the dead control. It is very likely that this is precipitated protein, which will dissolve again within 5 minutes so, that it should no longer interferes with the measurement.